Sunday, March 05, 2006


Well, I've finished my 3-d Design project. Me and another guy named Zach have been working on it for a week or so. Some of you may have heard the specifications, but basically the prfsr. wanted us to create something, anything, that involved rhythm and repitition. And he preferred it to be on a large scale, if possible. So we took that as a challenge and decided to create a large inflatable space, hopefully large enough to fit our entire class into. The rhythm being the fluidity of the air flowing through like waves, and the sounds made by the contraption. Any cool rhythmic light patterns created would be an added bonus. Our medium consisted of 30 gallon garbage bags, duct tape, and air. Several designs were semi-thought of before we started, but the prfsr. didn't really want us to plan much, just get started and see what happened, so that's what we did. About 150 garbage bags later, we were done. Yesterday we tested it, and I took a couple pics, and video was shot. We will present it tomorrow to the class, and I'll take more pics then. I'll post them when I get the chance. Yea for art!, .... and crazy professors! :)

"Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the 3rd picture the best as it shows the completed project. The first two are neat to see how you constructed it and the last pic is having issues with the lighting, but is effective in giving an idea to the size of the thing. Nice work, it looks like something little kids would have a blast in.

As a side note, the tone of your posts have changed. It sounds like you've settled in alright.