Thursday, March 09, 2006

Power 10 in 2

Let's sprint. The first race of our Spring Crew season, the SERCS Regatta, is this weekend in Aiken, SC, and it's a 2k sprint. It should be interesting. The only race I participated in so far was a longer 5k which is more about endurance. This weekend's race will be over before we know it, in about 7 min. or so., which means it will be all power, and less endurance. Not to mention we will be rowing side-by-side other boats, and starting from a gun (or flag drop). Last time, our position was determined by time, starting on 30 sec. intervals, so you didn't see many other boats. I'll be in the stroke seat again, but this time in the Men's Novice 4, instead of the Novice 8. I'm looking forward to it, it should be pretty intense. I'll post some pictures when I get back. The results should also be posted on the website, so you can see how we did there.

UPDATE: The race went well for our first time. We could have done better. The team overall didn't fair too well, but hopefully we worked out all the kinks for the upcoming race at Clemson. My boat came in 4th in our heat, so we didn't advance to the final, but at least we didn't come in last. We beat Berry by a mile, but I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of or not. I'll hope for better luck next time, some stronger legs would help too. Later :)

"Gravedigger, when you dig my grave, could you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?"

No comments: