Wednesday, June 02, 2010

oil

So I am sitting in the auto service shop today, waiting for my oil to be changed in the Jeep, trying to read...but I become distracted by the conversation of other waiting patrons who are watching the news up on the corner TV. According to the tone of their conversation, the approaching oil spill in the Gulf is the first sign of the apocalypse. Our lives are over. Pity us. Blame this. Blame that. It's the president's fault, etc, etc.

I wanted to say so badly that it wasn't anyone's fault but their own. They are demanding this oil to be obtained. Though I had to restrain myself, as I had no place to speak....as I am waiting for my oil to be changed...in my gasoline driven vehicle. Again I am reminded that there is never a reason to blame anyone else for what is happening in your own life.

The "Oil Forecast" (which the scrawny little weatherman dude on the local news has adopted to his forecast; there are doppler-like graphs and everything) says that the oil should be arriving tomorrow. Lovely. Perhaps I should visit the beach tomorrow and take one last look at the snowy white sand.

Yeah, it is going to suck...probably for a long time, but it is not the end of the world. These are simply the consequences of our collective actions. Hopefully it will help change the minds of us oil-consumers to find other means of energy and other modes of transportation.

respect karma.
peace.

No comments: