Tuesday, October 13, 2009

flash back

So I knew this would happen. I was warned about it as well, but I already knew it would arrive, despite my supreme confidence that I could postpone the arrival due to increased maturity since my post-high school days.  I have about had it with living with parents. I know I am only "visiting" but my lack of motivation to finish my thesis is discouraging, prolonging my stay. I have flashed back in time to the days when I would dream of all the places I wanted to go and all the experiences I wanted to have, while being trapped in my bedroom upstairs with no apparent sign of escape. I have found distraction after distraction, excuse after excuse to not work on this thesis, and I don't know why. I will get psyched up to do it sometimes, but that always occurs in the middle of the night as I lay in bed. By morning I am again distracted.  I have made many attempts at different types of motivation, nothing seems to be working......until this. The sooner I am out of here the better. I am not bound here as I once was as a kid, despite my apparent need to think so.  I am leaving, and it will be soon. Tomorrow it begins....or perhaps tonight at 2am if I get the urge.

I need to start compiling my list of adventures again. A mental list seems to get lost, perhaps a physical list is in order.

There ain't moral to this story at all
Everything I tell you
Very well could be a lie
Been away from the livin’
Don’t need to be forgiven
I’m just waiting for that cold black soul of mine
To come alive

No comments: