Saturday, September 05, 2009

Smooth sailing.

Went out this evening for, if my memory serves me, one of my first hassle free outings on Dad's boat. It seems every time there is something, some slight mishap, or minor failure of equipment that fouls up the trip juuuust enough. Tonight however was quite nice, great breeze, nice seas, and for a second, I was able to forget all the potential hassles of owning a boat, briefly dreaming of having my own one day. I should know better.

Dad and I set out about 4:30 or so, and on one tack off the channel were able to make it all the way out to the other side of NAS. Took a turn for Gulf Breeze, then a slow turn back to the marina. Caught a nice sunset (not shown), and an equally pleasant full-moonrise (shown, to the best of my ability on a rocking boat). It's a long weekend, so maybe we can try to go 2 for 2.

Couple more rockin' attempts on flickr, though they are not very successful with just a point and shoot.


peace.

No comments: