Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Best . . . Baby . . . Ever!

Instead of making three different posts, I'll just consolidate the last week's activities.

Best man for the job, eh? What exactly is a best man supposedly best at anyway? All I know is that I am the best man, for Matthew's wedding at least. Cool. There were some differences of opinions in the last few weeks, but nothing that can't be resolved. I had my opinion, so I tossed it out there. Apparently everyone else has spoken there opinion as well and is in some kind of an agreeance of happiness with the whole wedding deal, so it's time to just leave it alone.
Back to the topic of the Best Man issue. What exactly are my duties? I think I get to throw a party, right? Any ideas?

Baby time! Congrats to Jayna and Kyle for the newest addition to the world, a wonderful baby boy named Cooper. I am happy to hear that Mom and Son are doing well and in good health. Kyle, I am sure you did a great job supervising. Have you ever see that movie 'Problem Child'? That's the future buddy, get ready. You have to watch out for those redheaded kids.
The Wilson family, and some friends here have asked for me to send their best wishes your way. Hopefully tonight will be a little less hectic than last night. Again, Congratulations and if you ever need Uncle Zach to help out, let me know. Sorry I can't help donate to the Cooper college fund, I'm workin' on my own right now.

Ever been to Savannah, Ga.? It's great. The parents, bro., and I made a trip down there this last weekend. I've visited once before, but I needed another 'pep rally' visit to get to motivated and focused again, and also to get better acquainted with my new city. What makes this visit different than the last is that now I know it's official, I will be going to school there in the Fall (that, and the folks were there this time to soak it all in). So, this time I was able to relax a bit and absorb the city around me, and all I have to say is: I am ready to go, now.
I made a large, life-changing decision to move away from my friends and family about five years ago, and it truly changed my life forever. Now I have figured out the next step in this big journey, and it's time to move forward. Hopefully these next five years will be as beneficial, blessed, and as exciting as the last five. The move last time was hard, physically, mentally, and emotionally, with all kinds of new things thrown in my face all at once. It was quite overwhelming and hard to deal with at times. I don't foresee it being much easier this time around. Now I have new friends and new family to leave behind. It will be a challenge, but it something that must be done. Since the last move, I have learned many things, how to deal with and without many things, but most importantly, that the best things in life are never left behind, but always with you. It is reassuring to know that what I am doing is right, and in the direction it was Intended to be, no longer just spinning my wheels, wasting time. A New Journey awaits. I am sure some will be documented here. Stay tuned.

That's enough for now.

"But you and I have been through this, and this is not our fate. So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

No comments: