Wednesday, September 08, 2010

100+

What a delightful weekend - turned week - visit to the Atlantic. St. Augustine is a lovely city. It holds much of what I love about Savannah. My main purpose for visiting was accomplished in the first 15 minutes of my arrival: delivering items to the bro's new apartment. The secondary purpose wasn't revealed until I felt it was time to leave: a mental break from the rut and the routine.

I managed to meet a bunch of cool new people, get some burden-free alone time, and, believe it or not, actually get some work done. Finished my book, too; Born to Run. It took a while, with a few week-long dry spells here and there, but I slammed through the second half all at once. I good read for any level of runner, not just the unshod and ultra types. I also managed to get in a couple of runs in unfamiliar territory. Always a nice refresher as you really have no idea where you are going, or how far you are going. My last run was over 6 miles and felt like 3. Crazy.

When logging the run, I realized I had just crossed over 100 miles of running barefoot. More if you count all the Rowdy walks, but the counting is not what matters. If my past experimental endeavors where to bear any resemblance to this lifestyle change of going bare, then it wouldn't be out of the question to begin seeing it fade away. However, I am pretty sure this one is going to stick, as I see no need to go back. I enjoy running...again? (I think I liked it before).

No comments: